Back to Top
50 Things We Can Do for You as Certified Financial Planners
"The value of advice and your financial future"
- Care more about you and your money than anyone who doesn’t share your last name.
- Guide you to think about areas of your financial life you may not have considered.
- Formalize your goals and put them in writing.
- Help you prioritize your financial opportunities.
- Help you determine realistic goals.
- Study possible alternatives that could meet your goals.
- Prepare a financial plan and routinely review and update.
- Suggest creative alternatives that you may not have considered including the best way to claim CPP and OAS.
- Review and recommend life and disability insurance strategies to protect your family.
- Assist you in setting up a company group retirement plan.
- Assist in preparing an estate plan for you.
- Review your children’s RESP and trust account plans.
- Help you determine your best approach to RRSP, RRIF, and TFSA planning.
- Provide reminders about key financial planning data.
- Check with you before the end of the year to identify any last minute financial planning needs.
- Guide you on ways to fund retirement activities.
- Prepare an asset allocation for you so you can achieve the best rate of return for a given level of risk tolerance.
- Stay up to date on changes in the investment world.
- Monitor, review, and revise your portfolio as conditions change.
- Review your investments in your company Group RRSP or share plans.
- Review your existing RRSP and TFSA accounts.
- Help convert your investments to lifetime income.
- Refer you to alternative banking solutions for cash flow alternatives, and efficient debt management.
- Suggest alternatives to increase your income during retirement.
- Guide you through difficult periods in the financial markets.
- Provide you with unbiased investment research.
- Provide you with personal investment analysis.
- Determine the risk level of your existing portfolio.
- Help you consolidate and simplify your investments.
- Can provide you with technical, fundamental, and quantitative investment analysis.
- Provide access to top tier money managers.
- Show you how to access your statements and other information online.
- Suggest alternatives to lower your taxes during retirement.
- Review your tax returns with an eye to possible savings in the future.
- Stay up to date on tax law changes.
- Help you reduce your taxes.
- Reposition investments to take full advantage of tax law provisions.
- Work with your tax and legal advisors to help you meet your financial goals.
- Monitor changes in your life and family situation.
- Proactively keep in touch with you.
- Coach you to do the things that will help you accomplish your goals.
- Provide referrals to other professionals, such as accountants and attorneys.
- Share the experience of dozens or hundreds of his clients who have faced circumstances similar to yours.
- Help with the continuity of your family’s financial plan through generations.
- Anticipating future changes and proactively work through them with you.
- Keep you on track.
- Identify your savings shortfalls.
- Develop and monitor a strategy for debt reduction.
- Be a wise sounding board for ideas you are considering.
- Be honest with you.